The 2019 Heritage Region Leadership Institute (RLI) took place Sunday afternoon, Sept. 22, just before the 2019 Heritage Region Conference at the Greektown Casino-Hotel in Detroit, MI. Chapter leaders, region leaders and members-at-large from across the region attended the valuable training and idea-sharing session.
Rhonda Sciarra, New Jersey Chapter president, organized and facilitated the program. Attendees included Bonnie Caver, IABC International Executive Board vice chair and Micayla Felicion-Davin, chapter relations manager, as well as chapter and region participants (in alpha order): Joe Bobbey, Mary Bogan, Theresa Card, Matt Evans, Patricia Frey, Rebecca Gallagher, Heather Guenther, Robert Herta, Alexandra Hichel, Marie Kilbane Seckers, Courtney Laws, Greg McCormick, Amy Miller, Bonnie Piper, Patricia Radice, Peter Ternes, Cathy Toner, Drew Williams and Jackiedra Wilson.
RLI Goals Achieved:
- Celebrate success in IABC chapter leadership while looking ahead to chart the future course
- Recalibrate to fuel best practice strategies and tactics across volunteer and member engagement, professional development, IABC global alignment and more
- Cultivate connection among chapter and region leaders in a collaborative, friendly environment #WeLeadIABC
2019 Chapter financial support:
The registration fee was $20. To help chapters with that fee, as well as documented travel and lodging expenses, the region provided chapters with a $500 stipend. Each chapter who requested the stipend in advance could choose to use it for one leader or split it among several.
RLI is designed for Heritage Region chapter leaders and emerging leaders, as well as Heritage Region members-at-large who are interested in IABC leadership opportunities. Participants heard helpful IABC updates and enjoyed the opportunity to interact with IABC leadership, Heritage Region board members (including chapter liaisons) and leaders from other chapters.
Participants enjoyed taking a quick group selfie:
Looking back at last year’s RLI:
Here’s a photo of many chapter leaders and members-at-large who attended last year’s face-to-face IABC Regional Leadership Institute on November 11, 2018.
Participants heard updates and enjoyed interacting with IABC leadership, Heritage Region board members (including chapter liaisons) and leaders from other chapters. Attendees enjoyed:
- Renewing relationships in a collaborative, friendly environment
- Celebrating successful results and brainstorm ideas
- Leveraging regional support
- Focusing on best practice strategies and tactics
- Gaining tangible takeaways to support chapter success