Nominations closing Friday, April 30
The scholarship program enables Heritage Region IABC members, who otherwise would find it financially difficult, to attend the virtual IABC World Conference June 28-30. The Region will grant two scholarships for the standard conference registration ($675 value).
To qualify for the scholarship, nominees must:
- Be an IABC member in good standing (member ID will be entered on application form)
- Have the ability and time to attend the conference
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance to attend
- Not have attended the IABC World Conference in the last five years
- Commit to writing a blog for the Heritage Region website within 30 days of the conference
Interested members in good standing must submit their applications via the application form by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, April 30, 2021.
A scholarship review committee composed of three IABC Heritage Region members will use a rubric to assess the anonymized nominations. In the event of a tie, two additional reviewers will conduct a tie breaker review. The Region Chair and Finance Chair approve the final selections.
When considering applications, the review committee will assess candidates based on:
- Demonstration of financial need (20 points)
- Demonstration that conference attendance would be meaningful professionally (10 points)
- Plan to share information from the conference with communications community (10 points)
- (Bonus) Past, current, or commitments for future contributions of volunteer service and leadership (5 points)
Nominations Open: March 29, 2021
Nominations Close: April 30, 2021
Scholarship Recipients: Notified By May 15, 2021