2013 Awards of Excellence Winners
- Medical Mutual Corporate Communications, Toledo, OH, for their entry “Mutual Appreciation,” employee/member eommunication
- Employee Programs and Communications Team at Navy Federal Credit Union, Vienna, VA, for their entry “2013 Relocation Initiative,” employee/member communication
- Comcast Spotlight-NorthCentral Division, Bingham, MI, for their entry “Roadmap to Success Annual Communication Plan,” employee/member communication
- Lynne Hatlas, Alcoa Internal Communications, Pittsburgh, PA, for their entry “Alcoa Update,” electronic/digital communication/digital newsletters
- Teresa Zumwald, Zumwald & Company, LLC, Englewood, OH, for her entry “Real Entrepreneurs Don’t Go It Alone,” writing/speeches
2013 Awards of Merit Winners
Sixteen captains and judges were engaged in five judging teams located in Philadelphia, PA; Cincinnati, OH; New York City, NY; Elizabethtown, PA; and Troy, MI. Team captains included: Joy Lovejoy ABC, Past Heritage Region Director, Cincinnati, OH; George McGrath, Past IABC Chairman, NYC, NY; Deb Moore, Past IABC Executive Board member, Philadelphia, PA; Tamara Gillis, Ed. Ed.D ABC, Elizabethtown, PA; Patricia Radice, ABC, Troy, MI. Judges represented a mix of past Silver Quill chairpersons and award winners, accredited members, IABC leadership and other profession leaders.